Monday, September 24, 2007

#7 Blog about technology

It is strange how much technology has changed even in my life time. When I was at school we still had card catalogues. I remember when I started at Uni being shown the internet! It was the first time I had ever used it. I think about kids at school now - and I don't think of myself as that old!- and how they must use the internet all the time and yet when I was at school it never occured to us to use the internet - and we only used computers during our computer class. Although we didn't have that many computers at my school so we also had type writters!!

I worry about how fast technology is changing and how easy it is to get left behind. I don't own a computer at home and feel that I really should get one if I want to stay in touch with all the changes.

This is why I am finding this learning programme so fun, and important, as it gives us all a chance to find out about new things and hopefully realise that they are not as daunting as they seemed!

1 comment:

VirgoBlue said...

I love your comment about being introduced to the Internet at Uni. (Old fogey moment coming) I remember using a computer for the first time at Uni (Wordstar 6.0 flashblack!!). Then having to teach myself how to search the Internet at work. Thankfully learning how to touch type on an old fashioned typewriter in High School has stood me in good stead.